Friday 30 May 2008

Back to Reality.....

Why must vacations fly by so quickly? I returned from my Chicago adventure Monday night and had enough forethought to take Tuesday off as a vacation day so I could have some time to decompress.

Chicago was absolutely amazing! The architecture is truly something to be seen in person; there are so many old buildings with such intricate details that you just do not see anymore. We seem to be a society of tear down the old and build a cheesy new skyscraper in its place which is unfortunate. This is a cool building in a neighborhood that we had dinner in Sunday night. I think it's great when older buildings can be preserved & revamped, yet still retain amazing architectural detail!
This is the restaurant, Merlo. The building used to be a private residence before it became a restaurant. The inside is really beautiful - lots of original woodwork.

The waterways are another cool thing about Chicago! We went on a boat tour Saturday afternoon and I can't believe how many pics I snapped!



Here are some pics from Millennium Park! It was a beautiful, sunny day and I almost didn't know where to start! There were so many colorful garden areas & cool sculptures to see....





Well, I hope you've enjoyed a brief glimpse into my Chicago adventure! Alas, all good things must come to an end.....until we meet again Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment